I’m always experimenting with food or looking for new recipes and this is one that caught my eye and I adapted it a little to suit my tastes. My recipe will make 6 muffin size taco cups.
You will need
250g of lean beef mince
One medium onion
1 heaped tbsp of Taco seasoning (I use mild one from M&S)
3 large tomatoes chopped well
3 large tortilla wraps
A little grated cheese of your choice. I use mature cheddar as I find it compliments the seasoning well
Sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190c or gas mark 5
2. First fry the onion in a little oil of your choice until start to soften, then add the mince and cook for around 5 mins on a medium/high heat until browned well.
3. Remove mince from the heat then add the taco seasoning, chopped tomatoes and if you like it spicy some chopped chillies and combine well
4. Lay out the tortilla wraps one on top of the other and cut across each edge so you end up with a square wrap then cut each square into quarters so you should end up with 12 smaller squares.
5. Grease the muffin tin with a little oil so the tacos don’t stick. Take one square and push into the tin well, some will be up the sides in points but that’s ok as what we are after. Add a spoonful of the mince mix then a sprinkle of cheese then add another tortilla square pushing down well and top with more mince mix and cheese. Repeat till all 6 are done
6. Add to the to preheated oven and bake for approx 18 to 20 mins. Serve with a little sour cream on top.